Wednesday, June 07, 2006

666, Onion the Overlord and wheat farming...

So yesterday was supposed to be the Day of the Beast and Armageddon…checked out the window this morning and nothing seemed to have changed…no dark burnt sky…no loud disembodied voice saying, “It’s okay you don’t have to go to work today as I, the Dark Lord, have taken over now and you will no longer need salaries, pension and enough money to pay for your bond…take it easy today, for tomorrow u shall die”.

Nothing, nadda, zilch…

In a way it’s a bit disappointing…after the Zuma trial and Dina Rodriguez pretty much been sown up (I mean come on!! Put her way now – surely everyone must realize she did it?...or am I the only one?) I could have dealt with some light hearted action. I must admit I felt the same after the 20th Anniversary of the Chernobyl disaster…I am sure you will agree – two decades on and no super heroes?... there was so much promise?

Actually if you think about, what if the dark One was born yesterday? Probably the way things are going he would have been born to some Hollywood celebrities and given possibly the daftest name ever – like Onion Stallone.

Now I don’t know about you but if a guy comes up to me with horns, smelly brimstone breathe and a pitch fork, declaring that he, Onion Stallone the dark Lord is here to screw around with my day a bit, whether I can take him seriously?

Which begs the question - Why do they do it?

Gerry Halliwell (Or Jelly as I like to call her since the pregnancy) ex-spice girls idiot-in-chief, had a baby the other day. She called it Bluebell Madonna – fortunately for Bluebell she is a girl, but what a stupid name – it’s not enough that her mum screwed her life up being the ginger one from the Crap Girls, but her reasoning was that Bluebells were very rare now (babies are not Jelly there are tons of ‘em!) and that no one really had the name Madonna….pardon?...uuummm!!!!…there is one with that name actually Jelly…two if you count baby Jesus mother…although that has never been biologically proven (the mother-son relationship I mean – but I digress)…the fact is if you are running around the playground with the name Bluebell Halliwell you are only going to get the shit kicked out of you…it stands to reason.

Personally I am waiting for the day some really famous Hollywood couple have a kid and call it something completely normal like Derek or Arthur…sadly in their tinsel town world that would be deemed amazingly original…

PS – does Shiloh not sound like a wheat farmer with a lisp trying to tell you where he stores his grain?...just a thought.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crap Girls? Nice.

ThatRadioGuy said...

I was being kind...