Wednesday, October 08, 2008

If you go down to the gym today...



Summer looms...


I have started the ubiquitous summer diet and fitness regime. I do it consciously or un-so every year, and every year ask myself the same question – when did I let myself go so much, that I now only have a few months (in Cape Town at any rate) until summer is here?

I don’t remember the point each year where I say to myself – it’s okay to have that beer…go on, have desert, you deserve it. But it must have happened. It always does.

It seems I am not the only one. Hundreds of keen dieters and fitness bunnies are coming out of their winter burrows and heading for the treadmills, slimming drinks and power plates in search of perpetual summer beauty, if only for a month or so.

All this effort for a few days on the beach looking good. Perhaps next year I shall be stricter and say no. But I doubt it.

See you at the gym – this year and next.

No comments: